In this episode we discuss and consider the key differences, obstacles and opportunities of recruiting and talent acquisition in the US and Japan.
- A Comparison of industry models
- Client viewpoints
- Japan vs USA candidate pools
- Recruiting firms' business models
- Client vs Candidate Focus
- Differences Between Candidates in US and Japan
- Seniority Systems, Heirarchies, Gender Considerations
- Japanese Outlooks on Risk vs Rewards
- Japanese Lifespans and Workspans
- Candidate Talent Pools & Fit Requirements
- Recruiting Fees and Terms
- Factors driving this fee structure include
- Active vs Passive Candidates
- Tapping into Alternative Labor Pools
Join us as we talk with Tom Furlong, the Managing Director of Harvard Group International. Tom has extensive front-line experience in the life sciences industry including a 13-year career at Ciba Vision / Novartis in the US as well having deep recruiting experience in both the US and Japan where he focused his recruiting efforts on the life sciences industry.