Today we'll talk with Jun Kabigting, a Tokyo-based Japan HR expert.
- Is Japan HR unique?
- If so, what makes Japan HR unique?
- What makes it different or unique compared to the US and say Western practices?
- What about the ability to reduce a workforce or realign personnel, are there legal considerations?
- How difficult is it to terminate an employee, even for "cause" or "performance issues"?
- What are the direct and indirect costs of a mishire in Japan?
- What are the biggest challenges now? -- For HR professionals and for organizations?
- What challenges and also opportunities do you see on the horizon? -- For HR professionals and for organizations?